If you will be 25 or older on or before classes start for the term you are applying for and have less than 27 semester (40 quarter) credits, you may have alternative admissions requirements. Contact an admissions counselor to determine if you have any transferable credit and which application you should submit.
Adult freshmen applicants must submit proof of high school graduation or its equivalent (such as a GED) or a higher credential.
If your official transcripts from high school show you graduated with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above, please provide ONE of the following three items. If your transcripts show a lower GPA, provide TWO of the following:
- Satisfactory scores on the SAT or ACT test
- A narrative addressing these topics:
- Why is a college education important to you?
- Why are you interested in attending WSU?
- How have you demonstrated the characteristics necessary to succeed in college?
- A resume covering the period since you left high school, or the last five years, whichever is shorter.