Expand Leadership Conference
Join us for a half-day conference at the beautiful WSU Vancouver campus. The purpose of this conference is to expose students to leadership concepts and expand their knowledge of leadership skills. The focus is on learning strategies that can be applied in your personal, academic and professional spheres through interactive learning opportunities.
Attending the conference will provide you the opportunity to:
- Meet and network with current student leaders, faculty and staff
- Expand your knowledge and understanding of the skills necessary to be quality leaders in your personal, academic, and professional spheres
- Learn how you can achieve personal and professional growth through civic and community engagement
- Learn how you can help make positive changes around you through collective action
FALL 2012 EVENT HAS PASSED
Registration for the conference is free and open to all college students as well as high school junior and seniors (who are members of ASB, student clubs or groups, class reps or in running start). Advisors and counselors are also welcome to attend. Please sign up by Monday, November 26, 1 p.m. An exclusive conference t-shirt will be given to the first 50 students who register.
The registration deadline has passed.
If you are still interested in attending the conference, please contact Michelle McIlvoy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-546-9530.
|Welcome and opening remarks||12 p.m.|
|Break-out session (rotation #1)||1:10 – 1:50 p.m.|
|Break-out session (rotation #2)||1:55 – 2:35 p.m.|
|Student panel Q & A||2:40 p.m.|
|Connect and Network||3 p.m.|
|Final remarks||3:25 p.m.|
|Optional student ambassador-led campus tour||3:30 p.m.|
Break-out sessions details
- Running Successful Student Election Campaigns
- VanCougs Democracy Project: Understanding the Importance of Civic Participation
- Efficient Time Management
- REPRESENT: How to use soft skills to positively promote yourself