The opportunity for students to get involved on campus continues to grow. Students are integral to the success of the Office of Student Involvement and the student organizations within OSI. They hold internships which organize the intramural program and plan large scale events such as Women of Distinction; students are hired to assist visitors in OSI and the Fitness Center; and there are many chances to either be hired or volunteer for positions in ASWSUV, KOUG, VanCougar, Salmon Creek Journal; and finally, students are always needed to fill committees that help govern these organizations and the university.
Opportunities and positions open throughout the year. OSI Interns (all four positions) and the Student Ambassador application processes open in the spring semester of each year. The OSI front desk, Accounting Assistant, Fitness Center, and recreation staff typically are hired as positions become available.
Review the available position descriptions for information and check back often for updates on opportunities for a paid position, leadership position or an internship.
- I-9 Acceptable Docs (PDF)
Staff list & contact sheet
- OSI Recreation Intramural Intern Position Description
- OSI Outdoor Recreation Intern Position Description
- OSI Marketing Intern Position Description
- OSI Programming Intern Position Description
- OSI Front Desk Staff Position Description
- OSI Student Office Assistant Position Description
Student Ambassador Program
- Student Ambassador Position Descrption (PDF)—Apply now!
- Lead Ambassador Position Description (PDF)—Apply now!
Student Media Board (SMB)
Position descriptions & applications
- KOUG Radio Station Manager Position Description—Apply now!
- Salmon Creek Journal Editor-in-Chief Position Description—Apply now!
- VanCougar Managing Editor Position Description—Apply now!
- VanCougar Editor-in-Chief Position Description—Apply now!
- SMB Vice Chair Position Description—Apply now!
- SMB Chair Position Description—Apply now!