Become a Tutor
Candidates must meet all the criteria listed below
- Must be a currently enrolled WSU Vancouver campus student
- Must have attended class at WSU Vancouver for at least 1 semester before applying
- Earned a grade of "A" for the course(s) interested in tutoring and have solid understanding of the topic
- Must possess effective communication skills
- Be able to obtain recommendations from Faculty
- Be flexible to meet for on-campus tutoring sessions including evenings and weekends when the campus is open
- Previous tutoring experience is a plus but not required
- Must clear Student Conduct background check with Student Affairs Office
Candidates must possess solid understanding of the content of at least one of the following courses.
Fall 2013: We are seeking applications and are currently hiring tutors in the following courses:
- SPAN 101, 102
- PSYCH 311
- MATH 201, 202
- CHEM 105, 106 (Must be able to tutor both 105 & 106)
- PHYS 201, 202
- ACCTG 230, 231
- Complete and submit Online Tutor Application Form.
- Upon receipt of online application, SRC will email you Tutor Recommendation Form.
- Email or deliver the form to each person from whom you seek a reference.
- Once SRC receives Tutor Recommendation Form from your references, SRC will contact you and schedule an interview.
If you are selected for a Tutor Position, you are required to attend a 2-hour training before you begin working with students.
Please contact Student Resource Center: