The Student Resource Center (SRC) will serve as a referral point for tutors and tutees. Students who request tutoring services will pay $10 per 60-minute session. All the tutoring sessions must take place on Vancouver campus. Some students may qualify for a Tutoring Scholarship based on data provided by Financial Aid Office. We will select and hire academically successful students and offer them training on tutoring strategies before they begin working with students.
We are interested in finding tutors to assist with every discipline, all class levels, and all levels of difficulty. In particular, we are looking for tutors for the following courses that are high in demand:
- SPAN 101, 102
- PSYCH 311
- MATH 103, 105, 106, 108, 140, 171, 172, 201, 202, 220, 273
- CHEM 105, 106
- PHYS 101, 102, 201, 202
- ACCTG 230, 231
We are interested in hiring students who
- are current Vancouver campus students
- possess solid course content knowledge
- can effectively communicate with students with diverse backgrounds
- have been academically successful and possess effective study skills
- are interested in other students' success
Online nomination form
If you know students who would fit the descriptions above, please contact the SRC. We value your input and cooperation.
We will invite your nominees to on-campus interviews. Upon hiring, they will be invited to attend a 2-hour mandatory tutor training and orientation.
For answers to your questions, contact the Student Resource Center at 360-546-9155 or firstname.lastname@example.org.