Ask your health care providers to submit the following information to the Access Center. As an alternative, you may provide them with the Provider Verification Form (PDF).
Documentation should include:
- Diagnosis of the disability/health condition.
- A description of the current impact or limitations of the disability/health condition, focusing on barriers in the student’s educational environment.
- If the condition is episodic, please help us understand the impact by including:
- Triggers and warning symptoms of onset
- Symptoms experienced during an episode
- Frequency and duration of episodes
- Care plan for management
- Side effects of medication on the student's ability to meet the demands of the postsecondary environment (physical, perceptual, behavioral, or cognitive).
- A description of the expected progression or stability of the disability over time.
- Optional: Suggestions of academic adjustments and/or auxiliary aids with supporting evidence may be included. The final determination for providing appropriate academic adjustments and auxiliary aids rests with the WSU Vancouver Access Center.
Documentation should be from a qualified healthcare provider.