Welcome! As an adult student, you’re among peers. The average student age at WSU Vancouver is 26.
Apply early! WSU Vancouver accepts qualified applicants on a first-come, first-served basis. Online applications are encouraged—and you’ll get results faster.
- You will be 25 or older on or before the first day of classes for the term for which you are applying
Does this sound like you? If not, check our full list of applicant categories.
To be eligible for admission, you must provide an official high school transcript or its equivalent (such as a GED), or a higher credential (AA, etc.).
For priority consideration, submit your admission application by Jan. 31 for fall semester and Nov. 15 for spring. Later applications are accepted if space is available. If you decide to attend at a different time, you’ll have to re-apply.
Official requirements and regulations
This information is a guide to the admission process, not a statement of policy. Review the WSU General Catalog for official requirements and regulations.
Adult student admissions requirements checklist
1. Apply for admission
Submit your admission application and pay the $50 application fee.
If you completed college coursework after the summer immediately following your high school graduation, apply by submitting a transfer admission application.
If you did not complete any college coursework after the summer immediately following your high school graduation, apply by submitting a freshman admission application.
2. Send official transcripts
Have the official transcripts from all high schools, colleges and universities you have attended sent to the WSU Vancouver Office of Admissions.
If you have completed fewer than 27 semester (40 quarter) credits of college coursework, you must also send the following:
1. A brief (no more than one page) narrative addressing the following topics:
- Why is a college education important to you?
- Why are you interested in attending WSU Vancouver?
- How have you demonstrated the characteristics necessary to succeed in college?
2. A resume covering the period since you left high school, or the last five years, whichever is shorter.
- Alternatively, you may submit official SAT or ACT test scores instead of a resume.
Send all materials to:WSU Vancouver Office of Admissions
14204 NE Salmon Creek Ave.
Vancouver, WA USA 98686