Educational credentials for international students

Secondary school

You must complete at least 12 years of elementary through secondary school, culminating in an appropriate secondary certificate or external examination, with a unweighted grade-point average (GPA) of at least 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale).

Your classes should include humanities, mathematics, basic sciences and social sciences.

The first year or two of university in some countries may be considered secondary level.

College or university transfer

You need a unweighted GPA of at least 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) in at least one full year of study at a recognized or accredited post-secondary school.

Transferring from a U.S. institution? After submitting the international application, accepting your offer of admission and paying your advance tuition deposit, complete the F-1 Undergraduate Transfer-in Form.

F-1 Undergraduate Transfer-in Form (PDF)

Credential evaluation

If your college or university education was completed outside of the U.S., you will need to have your educational credentials evaluated.

Foreign credential evaluation