Foreign credential evaluation

If your college or university education was completed outside of the United States at a school that is not regionally accredited in the U.S., you will need to have your transcripts evaluated and converted to the U.S. grading system and provide a cumulative unweighted grade-point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale.

Provide official academic transcripts

Provide Washington State University with complete, official academic transcripts from secondary (equivalent to U.S. high school education) and post-secondary schools you have attended. Transcripts should include courses taken, grades and degrees or certificates earned.

WSU International Admissions will complete this evaluation when you provide us with your official transcripts.

Third-party credential evaluation service

You may also use a third-party credential evaluation service such as Worldwide Education Services (WES) or Education Credential Evaluations (ECE) for this evaluation. Acceptable credential evaluation companies can be found on the NACES website.

WSU will only use evaluations performed by NACES approved companies.

Request the correct evaluation

First-year students

If you have attended only high school or secondary school, request that the evaluation include a cumulative unweighted GPA on a 4.0 scale.

Transfer students

If you have college/university coursework, request a course-by-course detailed transcript evaluation. If you have less than one year of college/university work, have your high school transcript evaluated as well.