Welcome! As a home-schooled student, you're among friends. WSU Vancouver is home to students from all educational paths.
Apply early! WSU Vancouver accepts qualified applicants on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You have received some or all of your high school education through home-based instruction
Does this sound like you? If not, check our full list of applicant categories.
For priority consideration, submit your admission application by March 15, 2021 for fall semester and Nov. 15 for spring. Later applications are accepted if space is available. If you decide to attend at a different time, you’ll have to re-apply.
Official requirements and regulations
This information is a guide to the admission process, not a statement of policy. Review the WSU General Catalog for official requirements and regulations.
Home-based schooling admissions requirements checklist
1. Apply for admission
Submit the admission application and pay the application fee.
2. Send official transcripts
Have the official transcripts from all high schools, colleges and universities you have attended sent to the WSU Vancouver Office of Admissions (details below).
Please note: When ordering an electronic transcript from a school that partners with e-Script Safe, National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment, do not enter an email address. The partner agency will send us your transcript directly.
If your school does not partner with one of the listed agencies, request that your school mail a sealed official transcript to the address that follows.
3. Send one of the following:
- Your official General Education Development (GED) exam results, or
- An academic resume that documents all subjects studied
To prepare your academic resume, review our College Academic Distribution Requirements (CADRs) and document in detail how your home-based instruction fulfills these requirements.
- You’ll have an advantage if you’ve taken academically challenging coursework, such as advanced placement (AP) courses, higher-level courses and so on.
- For each home-based course, include a detailed description as well as the title, author and copyright date (or ISBN) of each textbook used.
- Include the signature of the parent or guardian responsible for the student curriculum.
Send all materials to:WSU Vancouver Office of Admissions
14204 NE Salmon Creek Ave.
Vancouver, WA USA 98686
Learn how to submit transcripts.
Online document submission
You may also submit unofficial Admissions documents online.
Please note—a WSU Network ID and password is required. You will be invited to set up a WSU Network ID and password after you submit your application for admission.
You will receive written notification of your eligibility for admission.