Welcome! As a non-degree student, you'll be in good company with the many WSU Vancouver students earning certifications, completing graduate school prerequisites, and following academic pursuits for the love of learning.
Apply early! WSU Vancouver accepts qualified applicants on a first-come, first-served basis. Online applications are encouraged—and you’ll get results faster.
- You do not intend to complete a degree at WSU but wish to take courses for:
- Personal enrichment
- Completion of coursework for transfer to another institution
- Teaching endorsement
- Certificate program
- Prerequisites for a graduate degree
Does this sound like you? If not, check our full list of applicant categories.
- If you decide to pursue a degree at WSU Vancouver, you must apply for regular admission status.
- Financial aid is not available for non-degree students.
- For priority consideration, submit your admission application by Jan. 31 for fall semester and Nov. 15 for spring. Later applications are accepted if space is available. If you decide to attend at a different time, you’ll have to re-apply.
Official requirements and regulations
This information is a guide to the admission process, not a statement of policy. Review the WSU General Catalog for official requirements and regulations.
Non-degree admissions requirements checklist
1. Meet with an admissions counselor
We encourage you to meet with an admissions counselor for an unofficial evaluation of your transcripts.
2. Apply for admission
Submit the non-degree admission application and pay the $25 application fee.