Nonresident students

Welcome to Washington state! As a nonresident student you'll fit right in on campus. Students come from all over the country to attend WSU Vancouver. Apply early! WSU Vancouver accepts qualified applicants on a first-come, first-served basis.

Nonresident tuition

Nonresident tuition costs for the 2023/24 academic year.
Undergraduate students $27,633
Graduate students $28,423

Check out Tuition and Affordability and Semester Tuition and Fees for additional information about nonresident tuition expenses.

Pell Grant eligible? The amount of your grants will cover only part of your nonresident tuition.

Western Undergraduate Exchange

With the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE), an out-of-state student may receive an $11,000 award, renewable for up to an additional three years.

WUE requirements

Oregon residents:

PDX Tuition Advantage

The PDX Tuition Advantage offers residents of Oregon's Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington counties reduced tuition, equal to in-state rates. Enroll as an undergraduate degree-seeking student and you may be eligible to save almost $15,000 a year, renewable for three years.

PDX Tuition Advantage requirements

Border Bill

The State of Washington's Border Bill allows Oregon residents who live in specified counties, or who have recently moved to Washington from those counties, to attend WSU Vancouver part-time (8 credits or less per semester) and pay resident tuition rates.

Border Bill requirements

Establish residency

Thinking about becoming a Washington resident? Learn about the process and deadlines for establishing residency for tuition-paying purposes.

Questions about your residency status or paying for college?

For answers, contact the Cougar Center at 360-546-9779 or

Looking for housing?

WSU Vancouver does not offer housing on campus. Explore the Campus Bulletin Board for Housing, or visit other online resources, such as the Columbian and Oregonian newspapers.

Learn more: