Summer is a great time to catch up or get ahead at WSU Vancouver. Take classes you’ve been waiting for to stay on track or graduate early.
Summer school lets you:
- Attend smaller classes
- Give a challenging class more focus
- Boost your GPA for scholarship applications
- Take advantage of the in-state tuition rate—for all!
Choose from a variety of courses and dates
Check the Schedule of Classes to see what Vancouver summer classes will be offered.
Six, eight and twelve week sessions are scheduled for summer:
|Early 6-week||May 11 – June 19|
|Early 8-week||May 11 – June 28|
|12-week/Regular||May 11 – July 31|
|Late 8-week||June 8 – July 31|
|Late 6-week||June 22 – July 31|
|Intersession||Aug. 1 – Aug. 23|
Not a current WSU Vancouver student? Apply to WSU Vancouver today!
"I stayed close to home, yet had the opportunity to travel abroad. I spent part of a summer in Spain and Portugal on a study abroad program studying Iberian architecture, language and culture."
—Monica Santos-Pinacho, B.A., business administration
Summer financial aid
Limited funds are available for summer. Most students, even if they receive some summer funding, will still pay out-of-pocket costs too.
To be considered for aid:
- You must have a valid FAFSA on file for the current academic year.
- Undergraduates must be enrolled in at least six credits. Graduate students must be enrolled in at least three credits.
- You must be a degree-seeking student and making satisfactory academic progress toward completion of your degree.
Because most students have received their maximum Pell grant and loan funds during the academic year, summer funds are extremely limited. Typically, students attending summer session receive any unused Pell or Stafford loans from the academic year (as well as Parent PLUS loan for dependent undergraduates or Graduate PLUS loan for graduate students).
Most academic awards are not available in summer, including the Washington State Need Grant, SEOG, Cougar Commitment, work-study, Vancouver Academic Achievement Award and Vancouver Transfer Achievement Award.