Do you want to work with us? WSU Vancouver is hiring Career Peer Educators for the 2021-2022 academic year. As a Career Peer Educator you can gain experience in advising, presenting, networking, leadership and working independently and within a team? This paid position will help in your own career exploration and development. Apply on Handshake.
Prepare for life after graduation—attend free career and internship fairs, networking events, workshops and individual career counseling appointments.
All currently enrolled WSU Vancouver students and recent WSU Vancouver alumni (within two years of graduation) have access to Career Services. Get help with:
- Choosing a major and decision making
- Career exploration: complete several career assessment tools such as the Strong Interest Inventory and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
- Resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles
- Interviewing techniques and mock interviews
- Job and internship search strategies
- Networking and professionalism
- Graduate school decision making and applications (including personal statements)
Schedule an appointment
Due to the current COVID-19 guidelines, WSU Vancouver Career Services will be operating virtually until further notice. Please schedule your appointment with a Career Counselor directly through Handshake. After your appointment has been approved, your career counselor will follow up with specific instructions about your appointment.
How to schedule an appointment in Handshake
- Log into Handshake with your WSU Network ID.
- First time on Handshake? You will be directed to agree to the website’s terms and complete a quick survey of your career interests. Review instructions on how to set up your account.
- Under the "Career Center" tab in the upper right corner, first select “Appointments” and then “Schedule a New Appointment.”
- Choose your field of interest, your consultant and a time that is convenient for you.
- Questions? Review how to schedule an appointment.
Careers, internships and student employment
On-campus, off-campus, work study, career and internship opportunities are available for all WSU students and alumni. Login to Handshake to view the job and internship board. Learn more about finding a job on campus and using Handshake.
If you are an employer who is interested in connecting with WSU Vancouver students and alumni, we would love to hear from you. Learn more about opportunities for employers.
Faculty and staff
Don’t hesitate to contact Career Services with questions or for access to career resources. Career services will present to any department or class as part of “Don’t Cancel That Class.”
Available workshops include:
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Interviewing Skills
- Setting Yourself Up for Success in the Job Market
- Job and Internship Search Strategies
- Negotiating Salary
If you are interested in having a Career Services staff member lead a workshop for your department or class, let us know.