The Vancouver Academic Achievement Award is a guaranteed $3,000-per-year scholarship*** to WSU Vancouver.
Washington high school students demonstrating academic excellence are eligible for Vancouver Academic Achievement Awards. A limited number of these awards go to qualified students who complete admission application materials by the priority deadline of January 31. See current award winners.
- $3,000 annually
- Four-year guarantee***
- No separate application required
- Apply for admission by January 31
Eligibility criteria include:
- High school student
- Resident status for tuition-paying purposes
- 3.6 high school grade-point average (GPA)
- 1150 OLD SAT (taken prior to March 2016)* OR 1220 NEW SAT (taken March 2016 or after)** OR 25 ACT
- Full-time enrollment
*Combined Critical Reading and Math sections only (CR + M)
**Evidence-based Reading and Writing and Math sections (EBRW + M)
***Renewable up to three additional years. Eligible students will be notified. Renewal contingent upon maintaining a 3.2 WSU GPA and a full-time undergraduate enrollment of 12 credits or more.
If your GPA and/or test scores improve during your senior year in high school, call us at 360-546-9559 to see if the VAA Award is still available.