Welcome to WSU Vancouver! New students have many items of business to complete prior to the start of the term. The following information will help your transition to campus. Registering for classes is one of your priorities as a new student. Check myWSU to find your scheduled registration time.
Graduate students—Advising questions? Contact your individual department. Inquire if they offer an orientation program.
International students are required to complete two International Student Tutorials. The first is an online pre-arrival course hosted in WSU Vancouver's learning management system Canvas. You will be enrolled automatically. Log in and get started. You will also receive email communications from this course.
The second is a live tutorial delivered on Zoom. If you do not receive an Outlook invitation in your WSU email, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undergraduate international students must also attend the mandatory New Coug Orientation program.
If you have any questions about the International Student Tutorial or have other immigration questions, contact International Student and Scholar Services by email at email@example.com or call 1-509-335-4508.
If you are a new international student, complete an online document upload in the International Student Portal at myPassport.wsu.edu. Upload these documents within seven days of your arrival at WSU Vancouver.
- Biographical passport page or I-797 notice for change of status "approved"
- F-1/J-1 visa
- Port of entry stamp from most recent entry into the United States (if applicable)
- I-94 document
How to complete your online orientation
- Open an internet browser and go to myPassport.wsu.edu
- Select the blue “Login” button.
- Enter your WSU Network Identification (NID) and password. Select the “Sign In” button.
- Select the “New Student Check-in” tab.
- Select “New Student Check-in” again.
- Complete all three forms.
- F-1/J-1 Student Document Upload
- Emergency Contact Information
- F-1/J-1 Reporting Form
- All these forms are required to complete your check in. If you do not complete the check in, your SEVIS record could be canceled.
How to print a copy of your I-94
- Your entry to and departure from the U.S. is recorded electronically by Customs and Border Protection.
- Visit the I-94 official government website to retrieve your electronic I-94 card. You will need this during the required document check in. We also recommend you print a copy for your records.
New student checklist
Ease your transition by reviewing the resources and to-do items on the New Student Checklist.