Welcome to WSU Vancouver! New students have many items of business to complete prior to the start of the term. The following information will help your transition to campus. Registering for classes is one of your priorities as a new student. Check myWSU to find your scheduled registration time.
Graduate students—Advising questions? Contact your individual department. Inquire if they offer an orientation program.
International students are required to complete the International Student Tutorial. This is an online pre-arrival course hosted in Canvas. Registration information will be sent to you via email. Undergraduate international students must also attend the mandatory New Coug Orientation program.
IF you are a new international student, complete an online document upload in the International Student Portal at myPassport.wsu.edu. You should upload these documents within seven days of your arrival at WSU Vancouver.
- I-20/DS-2019 (Previous I-20/DS-2019 if you are a transfer student)
- Biographical passport page (and extension, if applicable)
- F-1/J-1 visa
- Port of entry stamp from most recent entry into the United States
- I-94 document
How to complete your online orientation
- Open an internet browser and go to myPassport.wsu.edu
- Select the blue “Login” button.
- Enter your WSU Network Identification (NID) and password. Select the “Sign In” button.
- Select the “New Student Check In” tab.
- Select “Orientation”
- Complete all of the six tasks shown.
- Check in and Orientation Form
- Upload Immigration Documents
- Update US Address
- Update Emergency Contacts
- Update Measles Immunization Information
- Cougar Card
- All of these forms are mandatory (required) to complete your check in. If you do not complete the check in, your SEVIS record could be cancelled.
How to print a copy of your I-94
- Your entry to and departure from the U.S. is recorded electronically by Customs and Border Protection.
- Visit the I-94 official government website to retrieve your electronic I-94 card. You will need this during the required document check-in. We also recommend you print a copy for your records.
New student checklist
Ease your transition by reviewing the resources and to-do items on the New Student Checklist.