Senior citizens (age 60 and over) who are residents of the state of Washington are eligible to enroll (audit only, no credit) on a space available basis using the Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver (RCW 28B.15.540).
- Registrar’s Office will begin processing completed forms on the first day of the term.
- Limit of six (6) credits and a maximum of two (2) courses per term.
- Waiver may be used in fall and spring semesters only.
- If admitted to WSU Vancouver, only courses at WSU Vancouver may be requested.
- Waiver may not be used for internships, 100% online courses without any on-campus component (including all Global Campus courses), 499, 600, 700, 701, 702 or 800 or self-supporting courses.
- Charge of $5.00 (non-refundable administrative fees) per term. Some courses may also have special course fees or lab fees, for which seniors are also responsible.
- Fees must be paid by the tenth day of the term to avoid late payment fees.
- Audit enrollment requires approval of the instructor.
- Deadline for submission of completed form: 2nd Friday of the term.
If a senior has used the wavier before OR has a WSU ID number (9-digit), complete the waiver form (including instructor signature) and submit to email@example.com or bring the form to the Cougar Center on the first day of the term (or a few days before).
If a senior is new to WSU (no WSU ID number), complete the Admission to Audit form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once a WSU ID has been assigned, submit the completed waiver form or bring the form to the Cougar Center on the first day of the term (or a few days before).