Eligible State of Washington employees may enroll for up to 6 credits (fall and spring term) as described in the WSU Business Policies and Procedures Manual 60.70 (BPPM).
Employees should read through the BPPM for eligibility, course exclusions and other important information.
- Admission to WSU is required.
- Course exclusions include 100% online (asynchronous) courses (including all Global Campus courses), internships, practicums, independent study, and others as listed in BPPM 60.70.
- If a Vancouver course has online synchronous meetings, it MAY be eligible (contact the Registrar’s Office with questions).
- Human Resources begins approving employee tuition requests a week before the term begins.
- Employee waiver students will be enrolled by the Registrar’s Office on the first day of the term if there is space in the class. If a student enrolls themselves in courses for the waiver, the waiver will not apply.
- Deadline for submission of completed form: 2nd Friday of the term.
Employee Tuition Waiver Request form
Fill out the Employee Tuition Waiver Request form. Complete each section of the form with all of the required information.
The Fall 2022 Employee Tuition Waiver Request form will be available Aug. 1.
The online form is supported by workflow processes which will send automatic emails to your supervisor and/or HR office as you enter their contact information. You may inform your supervisor that a form from Smartsheet will be coming into their email inbox. This will expedite your approval process.
WSU course information (needed for each class you wish to enroll)
- Course Subject/Course No. (e.g., ENGLISH 101)
- Section Number (e.g., 01)
- Class Number (e.g., 2061)
- Lab Number (e.g., 2061)
- Credit Hours (must enter number of credit hours, if variable)
- Meeting Times (e.g., M W F 9:10-10:00)
- Enroll as Audit? (Yes or No)
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information prior to submitting this form.