Grievance Procedures

Washington State University Vancouver students who believe they have been discriminated against due to a disability may pursue a formal grievance/compliant through WSU’s Office of Equal Opportunity.

Office of Equal Opportunity
Washington State University


Students may also pursue a complaint/grievance with the Office of Civil Rights within the U.S. Department of Education. More information.

Office for Civil Rights, Seattle Office
U.S. Department of Education

915 Second Avenue, Room 3310
Seattle, WA 98174-1099
206-607-1600 (phone)
206-607-1601 (fax)

Registered students with the Access Center who believe they have been adversely impacted by Access Center staff, policies or procedures may:

  1. Present their concerns in writing to the Director of Student Development. The Director of Student Development will investigate and respond to the student within two weeks.
  2. After the Director’s response, the student may appeal to the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs within 20 business days of the Director’s response.

Michelle McIlvoy, Director of Student Development
Student Services Center, Room 118

Nancy Youlden, Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs
Student Services Center, Room 116