- Member roster
- Committee by-laws
- Student Committee Chair job description
- Guidelines for establishing and allocating S&A Fees
2022/23 member roster
- Domanic Thomas—Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs and Enrollment
- Sara Rauch—Interim Director of Budget and Accounting, Finance and Operations
- Carol Fisher—Collections and Technical Services Librarian
- Nathaniel Mountain—Student
- Chandra Runnels—Student
- Armando Antonino—Student
This committee shall have initial responsibility for budget levels allocated to operating, facilities and overall reserves. This committee shall recommend its own budget allocations to the Chancellor for transmittal to the President.
Composition and tenure
The Chancellor shall appoint the Vancouver campus S&A Fee Allocation Committee as follows:
- Five undergraduate students with one-year terms (recommended by ASWSUV).
- One graduate student with a one-year term (recommended by ASWSUV).
- One faculty member with a two-year term (recommended by faculty organization).
- The Vice Chancellor for Finance and Operations or designee; and Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Enrollment or designee.
- The chair of the committee shall be elected from the student members.
- Each member shall have one vote.
- A quorum shall consist of five members, a majority of whom shall be students.
The Vice Chancellor of Finance and Operations is authorized to approve budget variances of the greater of $200 or 10%, provided the variance remains within the original intent of the request. For amounts over this, the Vice Chancellor of Finance and Operations and the President of ASWSUV shall review and authorize amounts of up to $2,000 or 10% of the requesting amount, whichever is greater, as long as the budget variance is within the original intent of the request.
Student Committee Chair job description
The following duties are required of the student chairperson:
- Follow-up with all committee members who miss meetings to bring them up to date (particularly for those who miss the orientation meeting).
- Work with Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Enrollment to confirm protocol for budget hearings.
- Meet with ASWSUV Vice President for a briefing on Parliamentary Procedures.
- Review budget proposals as necessary along with Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Enrollment and Vice Chancellor for Finance and Operations prior to distribution to confirm requests are valid.
- Assist as necessary making copies of all budget request forms and supporting documents for distribution to all committee members.
- Email committee members to remind them when request packets are available for pick up.
- Follow up via phone or email with each presenter who will participate in the budget hearings to confirm their attendance. Inform them of the hearing format and answer any questions they may have.
- Assist Student Affairs Administrative Manager with “decision memos” which are sent to all those who make budget requests after allocation decisions are made.