There are many opportunities for VanCougs to get involved with diversity-focused groups and initiatives on campus.
The CILA Team
Intercultural Outreach and Retention Leaders provide co-curriculum workshops on campus and at service-based high schools on topics such as: self-care, cultural and gender identity development, power, privilege and difference.
Student leaders will have the opportunity to:
- Develop a sense of belonging to the campus community
- Build meaningful peer-to-peer relationships across the institution
- Use their own skills, knowledge and resources to support the development of their peers
- Providing mentorship to new students
- Plan and facilitate events, workshops and activities
- Complete general office duties
- Build relationships with the WSU Vancouver community
- And more!
Clubs and Associations
Current student clubs and associations include:
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Student Association
- Association for Students with Disabilities
- Black People United
- Cougar Pride Club
- First-Generation Student Association
- International Student Association
- Latinx Student Association
- Men’s Coalition
- Muslim Students’ Association
- Native Student Association
- The Crimson Group (Undocumented Students)
- Women’s Coalition
Find the complete club list on Coug Presence.
Volunteer and leadership opportunities
Contact us to learn about the many great ways to meet other students and get connected at WSU Vancouver.
Campus event planning—serve as a committee member.
Students, staff and faculty are invited to join a planning committee for one or more of the Center for Intercultural Learning and Affirmation’s annual events. As a committee member, you will develop leadership and collaboration skills, while helping to shape diversity programming and events on campus.
Learn more and get started
If you are interested in learning more about the CILA Team, volunteer and leadership opportunities, or joining a planning committee, let us know!
Contact the Center for Intercultural Learning and Affirmation any time at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.