There are many opportunities for VanCougs to get involved with diversity-focused groups and initiatives on campus.
The CILA Team
Intercultural Outreach and Retention Leaders provide co-curriculum workshops on campus and at service-based high schools on topics such as: self-care, cultural and gender identity development, power, privilege and difference.
Student Leaders will have the opportunity to:
- Develop a sense of belonging to the campus community.
- Build meaningful peer to peer relationships across the institution.
- Utilize their own skills, knowledge and resources to support the development of their peers.
Student staff are critical to the work of the Center for Intercultural Learning and Affirmation. As a student staff member, you will engage in a variety of activities that include:
- Providing mentorship to new students
- Planning events and activities
- Facilitating workshops
- Completing general office duties
- Building relationships with the WSU Vancouver community
- And more!
Current student clubs and organizations include:
- Asian Pacific Islander Club
- Black People United
- Cougar Pride Club
- International Student Association
- Latinx Student Association
- And more!
Find the complete club list on Coug Presence.
Volunteer and leadership opportunities
Contact us to learn about the many great ways to meet other students and get connected at WSU Vancouver.
Campus event planning—serve as a committee member.
Students, staff and faculty are invited to join a planning committee for one or more of the Center for Intercultural Learning and Affirmation’s annual events. As a committee member, you will develop leadership and collaboration skills, while helping to shape diversity programming and events on campus.
Learn more and get started
If you are interested in learning more about the CILA Team, volunteer and leadership opportunities, or joining a planning committee, let us know!