Unsure where to start? Check out the the following video.
Heads up, the WASFA website has changed! File at wsac.wa.gov/wasfa.
First-time FAFSA filers
Review the following video on how to create an FSA ID.
2022/23 FAFSA/WASFA filing details
- File for financial aid beginning Oct. 1.
- Use WSU school code 003800.
- Use 2020 tax information.
There are two deadlines—know yours:
1. Already attending classes at WSU?
If you are enrolled at any WSU campus as of Sept. 3, 2021 for any number of credits:
- Your FAFSA or WASFA must be filed by Nov. 30, 2021.
- Submit all Financial Aid Additional Information Requests by Feb. 15, 2022.
2. Not yet attending classes at WSU?
- Your FAFSA or WASFA must be filed by Jan. 31, 2022.
- Submit all Financial Aid Additional Information Requests by March 31, 2022.
Family financial changes?
If your family has had or is expecting a change in financial situation since filing the 2022/23 FAFSA and 2020 tax information, you will have the opportunity to request a financial review by submitting a Special Circumstances Appeal with the WSU Student Financial Services office.