The PDX Tuition Advantage offers residents of Oregon's Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington counties reduced tuition, equal to in-state rates, renewable for three years.
To qualify, students must:
- Reside in Clackamas, Multnomah or Washington county at least 90 days prior to the start of the semester
- Apply for admission as an undergraduate degree-seeking student by stated deadlines
- Meet WSU Vancouver’s admissions requirements
- Freshman admitted students: confirm enrollment by May 1
- Verify residency in a qualifying county at least three weeks prior to the start of the semester
- Enroll in nine or more credits every fall and spring semester
Admissions application and required materials: submit by Nov. 15 for spring semester and March 31 for fall semester.
Heads-up—the fall 2022 priority admission application deadline has been extended to March 31!
PDX Tuition Advantage Verification Form and supporting documentation: submit at least three weeks prior to the start of the semester to ensure an accurate tuition rate adjustment by the first day of the semester.
Exclusions and restrictions
- The PDX Tuition Advantage does not apply to summer tuition.
- The PDX Tuition Advantage does not cover courses offered through other WSU campuses.
- International students are not eligible for this benefit.
- Graduate students are not eligible for this benefit.
- You must enroll in a minimum of nine credits total for a single academic term. If you plan to enroll in fewer than nine credits, you may be eligible for the Border Bill.
- This award cannot be combined with Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE).
Notification and responsibilities
- You will be contacted if more information is required for verification.
- You will be notified by email if you qualify for the PDX Tuition Advantage. If you are eligible, your student account will be adjusted accordingly.
- You are responsible for all other fees including late registration fees, late payment charges, special course fees, etc. Call the Cougar Center at 360-546-9559 if you have any questions about your student account. Check your student account regularly on myWSU to make sure the information is accurate! Go to my.wsu.edu and click on “Finances” to view your account.
Note: The PDX Tuition Advantage Verification Form requires you to log in using your myWSU credentials.