WSU Vancouver understands the powerful role education plays in transforming not just the lives of individual students but whole communities. The Vancouver Leaders for Social Change Award recognizes students for their work in creating a more just, equitable and thriving community for their peers, families and Southwest Washington.
Seniors are nominated for this $2,000 renewable award by their high school principal using the following criteria:
- 3.25 – 3.79 high school GPA
- Demonstrated history of working to improve the community in which they live or attend school
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
The award is renewable for three additional years as long as the renewal criteria are met.
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 credits in fall term and 12 credits in spring term
- Maintain good Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standing
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA
*If renewal criteria are met, award will renew each consecutive year for a max of three additional years, with a max of $8,000 while earning an undergraduate degree.