Director of Student Development and Student Involvement Manager
Strengths: Achiever, Focus, Individualization, Learner, Command
Responsibilities: Michelle’s focus is providing direction and vision for the Office of Student Involvement (OSI), the Student Resource Center (SRC) and Counseling Services and Access Center. She coordinates the Cougar Leadership Program (CLP), advises the Student Activities Board (SAB) and is the steward of the Services and Activities (S and A) fees.
Why I do this: My passion is to empower students to reach their potential, specifically within campus leadership roles. I get tremendous energy in seeing a student work hard to achieve their goals and to witness personal growth. It is also fulfilling to work with a strong team of professional and student staff where each person gives their talents and hard work to make the student experience at WSU Vancouver a positive one. Go Cougs! Go VanCougs!
Strengths: Individualization, Developer, Competition, Strategic, Positivity
Julia’s role: My focus is the overall recreation program, specifically outdoor recreation, the Fitness Center, intramurals, rentals and supervising student staff within these areas.
Why I do this: It is such a privilege to provide a new experience, push boundaries, build confidence and see students grow in ways that will have a lasting impact. The Pacific Northwest (including the WSU Vancouver campus), is such a beautiful place to share and explore!
Student Activities Advisor
Strengths: Developer, Discipline, Arranger, Relator, Intellection
Nikki’s role: My focus is advising ASWSUV and the Student Ambassador program, planning large scale events, co-directing ROAR New Student Orientation. As well as supervising part-time and student staff.
Why I do this: It is a pleasure to work with students who have such diverse experiences and passions. It continually inspires me to be the best I can be and learn from others. I feel lucky to be a part of the VanCoug experience and work with students, faculty and staff who are making a difference.
Raul B. Moreno
Student Media Advisor
Strengths: Input, Learner, Intellection, Strategic, Achiever
Raul's role: I focus on advising student media organizations (The VanCougar, Salmon Creek Journal and KOUG Radio) as well as the governing Student Media Board. I also supervise student staff and serve as advisor to clubs on campus, including registration orientations and the biannual Involvement Fair.
Why I do this: I love working with creative teams facing deadlines. Some of our students' best collaborations happen just before they go to print, open up the mic, or draw smiles with another excellent tweet. These moments recall my learning experiences as a student in Pullman, and make be proud to be reborn as a #VanCoug.
Strengths: Individualization, Responsibility, Relator, Empathy, Deliberative
Teresa’s role: My focus is budget reconciliation, office coordination, purchasing and travel paperwork, and supervising the front desk.
Why I do this: While it may sound trite, I love to watch students grow and pave their future paths. I am proud to be a VanCoug! Go Cougs!
- Craig’s focus is on/off campus intramurals, supporting rec rentals and off-campus trips.
- Manuel’s focus is planning and leading outdoor recreation trips, and supporting equipment rentals.
- Stephanie’s focus is on large OSI programs such as the Cougar Leadership Series and Women of Distinction, and supporting CougSync.
- Anna’s focus is promoting OSI programs and events via print and social media, and managing the Electronic Reader Boards.
- Jessica’s focus is leading the Ambassador program and assisting in the training and development of the students.
- Student Ambassadors serve as the ‘face of the university’ at recruitment, new student and campus programs and events, and they can be requested to support other events.
- Recreation staff serve as the main point of contact for the Recreation Annex; supports trip and event sign ups, outdoor recreation, intramural sports and equipment rentals.
Emily Vis, Fitness Center Lead | email@example.com
- Emily’s focus is administering fitness center schedules, purchases, paperwork and reports.
- The staff serves as the main point of contact for all users and assists in the upkeep of the facility.
DeeAnn Perler, Fitness Trainer and Instructor | firstname.lastname@example.org
- DeeAnn leads fitness classes and trains individuals in meeting their fitness/health goals.
- The staff serves as the main point of contact for the Firstenburg Student Commons office suite; supports event sign ups, ticket sales and special projects.