Tutor candidates must meet all the criteria listed below
- Be flexible to meet for on-campus tutoring sessions including evenings and weekends when the campus is open.
- Must clear Student Conduct background check with Student Affairs Office.
- Must be a currently enrolled WSU Vancouver student.
- Must have attended class at WSU Vancouver for at least one semester before applying.
- Earned a grade of "B+" or higher for the course(s) interested in tutoring and have solid understanding of the topic.
- Ability to communicate and connect with students from diverse backgrounds—both in one-on-one and group settings.
- Ability to communicate effectively—verbally and in writing.
- Genuine interest in helping students achieve success.
- Enthusiasm, motivation, drive and the ability to take initiative.
- Proven leadership, advising or tutoring experience is a plus.
Candidates must possess solid understanding of the content of the course.
- Complete and submit tutor application form.
- Upon receipt of online application, SRC will email you about scheduling an interview.
- Once interviewed, the SRC will contact you about completing a student conduct and background check.
- After the checks are completed, the SRC will contact you about next steps for completing the hiring process.
If you are selected for a tutor position, you are required to attend a three-hour training before you begin working with students.