Include a study abroad experience in your academic program!
Students from WSU have studied in Latin America, Europe and many other places through the WSU Study Abroad Program.
The SRC works closely with Pullman-based Global Learning advisors to assist you with this enriching educational experience.
Do you have questions about studying abroad?
Global Cougs 101
Attend a mandatory Global Cougs 101: Study Abroad information session to get started. Check the registration form or events calendar for upcoming sessions.
Before you apply
- Apply for or renew your passport. Processing can take anywhere from 4 – 12 weeks.
- Sign up and attend a Global Cougs 101 session on the WSU Vancouver campus.
- Research and explore options abroad on the WSU Global Learning website.
- Meet with your academic advisor to determine the best time to go abroad and develop a course plan.
- Contact a Global Learning advisor in Pullman to discuss your options and the application process.
- Review funding options to assist in financing your program.
Your state and federal financial aid awards can help cover the cost of studying abroad. Visit the Funding Options website to learn more. If you haven’t already, apply for financial aid.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- If you plan to study abroad during the summer, see information on summer financial aid.
- Make an appointment with Student Financial Services to discuss your anticipated award amount and how it can be applied to education abroad. Visit the Cougar Center on the upper level of the Student Services Center or call 360-546-9779 to schedule your appointment.
- Review the complete explanation of the financial aid for study abroad process.
- Set up a direct deposit authorization in myWSU so that your funds can be deposited electronically around the world.
Make sure you know your payment deadlines and how you plan to pay for your program. You may need to pay some expenses—such as application fees, program deposits, airfare, passport, visa, etc.—before your financial aid is disbursed.
Global experience commitment
WSU Vancouver is committed to supporting your academic experience by expanding opportunities, encouraging college commitment, increasing funding and eliminating barriers. A global experience adds meaningful skills to your resume, broadens perspectives, and builds language and cultural competencies.
We look forward to seeing you in Global Cougs 101. Go Global Cougs!