Review the following checklist to learn what to do before you join the ranks.
Checklist for new students using VA benefits
1. Apply for VA education benefits
Learn more and apply today.
2. Request and provide your transcripts
Provide your Joint Service Transcript or transcript from the Community College of the Air Force as is applicable. The veterans coordinator will not process your VA benefit until this documentation is received.
3. Meet with an admissions counselor
Learn about the admissions application process and explore programs offered at WSU Vancouver.
4. Meet with the campus veterans coordinator.
Fill out necessary paperwork.
5. Apply for admission to WSU Vancouver
6. File your FAFSA
Did you know you can apply for financial aid and use VA benefits? File your FAFSA at fafsa.gov to put extra money in your pocket.
FAFSA code for all WSU campuses is 003800.
7. Pay the $200 advance tuition deposit
Once you've been admitted, pay the $200 advance tuition deposit. Students using Chapter 31, 33 and 35 benefits may be eligible to have the deposit waived. Contact the Veterans Coordinator for more information.
8. Meet with your academic coordinator
Plan and register for classes.
9. Submit the Enrollment Certification Request
Once you are registered for classes, submit the Enrollment Certification Request. This prompts the Veterans Coordinator to report to the VA you are enrolled in classes. You must submit this form every semester that you want to be certified.
10. Complete the New Student Checklist
Review next steps for new students.
11. Attend ROAR Orientation
ROAR Orientation is mandatory for all new students.