Student Affairs five year strategic plan 2011-2016
Mission: Student Affairs provides the University community with programs and services, in support of the academic mission, that assist and empower students to achieve their highest educational potential. Student Affairs works closely with faculty, staff, students, and the community to create a stimulating and inclusive educational environment that is conducive to the holistic growth and development of students. Student Affairs promotes excellence through collaborative services, striving to be responsive, caring and personal. This commitment to students initiates prior to entrance, sustains through matriculation and continues beyond graduation.
Vision: WSU Vancouver Student Affairs aspires to achieve an exemplary level of innovative and student-centered programs, services, and facilities in support of a growing and diverse commuter population while developing a quality residential component to realize the goal of becoming a competitive destination campus.
Goal 1: Promote and support student development
- Protect and enrich the well-being of students, including intellectual, emotional, and physical health
- Develop, promote, and sustain an inclusive campus environment that contributes to the advancement of learning and academic exploration
- Offer experiential opportunities for an active student life that compliment the academic environment
- Create opportunities and a respectful environment for student dialogue and personal, professional and social growth
Goal 2: Provide quality service
- Provide convenient, personal service
- Provide consistent accessibility to services
- Develop services and programs as needs are identified
- Evaluate and refine existing resources, facilities, and space to meet evolving needs of constituents
- Strategically incorporate technology for efficiency and accessibility
- Promote student affairs staff development
Goal 3: Facilitate enrollment management
- Lead, support and collaborate with campus entities to achieve and maintain the optimum student recruitment, retention, and graduation rates
- Implement and maintain an enrollment management philosophy and practice that is equitable and inclusive to maximize student success
- Provide programs and services that are designed for individuals and groups that promote student persistence and retention
Goal 4: Cultivate diversity leadership
- Integrate and embed diversity in our culture by collaborating across campus
- Appreciate, celebrate and respect diversity in all aspects of our work
- Lead diversity efforts for recruitment and retention and development of students and student affairs staff
- Facilitate growth and understanding for individual and sociocultural similarities and differences.
Page last updated 9/14/2012.