How credits transfer

Whether you are attending a community college or another four-year institution, the admissions counselors at WSU Vancouver can help you determine how your college work will transfer. You’ll learn about:

Transferring from a community college?

Here are a few things to know:

  • If you have earned the approved transfer associate degree from a Washington community college (Direct Transfer Agreement, or DTA), you will generally be granted junior standing at WSU with all lower-division UCORE requirements met.
  • If you have earned the Associate of Science Transfer (AST) degree from a Washington community college, you will be granted junior standing at WSU with partial lower-division UCORE requirements met.
  • The Associate of Arts Oregon transfer degree (AAOT) from an Oregon community college and certain approved associate's degrees from Arizona, California, Hawaii and Idaho guarantee completion of the lower-division UCORE requirements but not junior standing or 60 semester credits.
  • If you hold a degree from a community college in another state or a degree other than the approved transfer degree, you will be granted credit on a course-by-course basis.
  • Remember, you do not need to have completed a degree in order to transfer to WSU Vancouver. Contact an admissions counselor to review your transferable coursework.