Students starting in 2018
We welcome you to the VanCoug family and look forward to meeting you at ROAR!
Whether you are a freshman, Running Start student, transfer or international student, plan to attend ROAR Orientation. Orientation is required for all new undergraduates.
Get prepared for the student experience and a successful transition to WSU Vancouver.
- Hear from faculty, advisors and other campus leaders
- Learn how to customize your education and open future career opportunities
- Meet fellow new students and classmates
- Tour campus to get an inside look at life at WSU Vancouver
- Learn about exciting leadership and involvement opportunities
Freshman and Running Start students
I anticipate graduating or have graduated from high school and have not been enrolled in college after the summer following high school graduation.
ROAR New Student Orientation is a mandatory, two-day program. You will receive an email inviting you to sign up and indicate your preferred orientation session. For now, mark your calendar!
ROAR New Student Orientation sessions:
- Program 1: June 25 and 26
- Program 2: June 28 and 29
- Program 3: July 23 and 24
- Program 4: July 26 and 27
I am not currently in high school and have attended an accredited college or university after high school graduation (not including the summer immediately following graduation).
ROAR Transfer Orientation is a mandatory, half-day program. You will receive an email inviting you to sign up and indicate your preferred orientation session. For now, mark your calendar!
ROAR Transfer Orientation sessions:
- Program 1: 4 – 8:30 p.m. Aug. 1
- Program 2: 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Aug. 2
- Program 3: 4 – 8:30 p.m. Aug. 14
- Program 4: 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Aug. 15
Additional summer and fall orientation details will be posted here mid-spring.
In the meantime, review the New Student Checklist.