Enrollment verification

We provide the service of verifying student academic work. There is no charge for this service.

Self-service enrollment verification for current and past terms (for students)

Students needing to verify their enrollment status (full-time, half-time, or less than half-time) for the current or past term should use this self-service link. You may print an enrollment verification or check loan information when you log on to the National Clearinghouse website. You may also call the Clearinghouse at 703-742-7791. Note: Students needing specific enrollment verification information, such as verifying specific credit hours, grade point average, etc., should use the official statement request link below.

Self-Service Enrollment Verification

Official statement request

Students needing to verify their enrollment for a current or future term, or needing to verify specific enrollment information other than full or part-time status (specific number of hours enrolled, grade point average, degree earned, etc) should use these links:

  • Most verifications can be provided by the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC), which offers immediate access to your verification certificates. We recommend that you try NSC before submitting a Verification Request to the Registrar's Office.
  • View the student loan deferment notifications: View the student loan deferment notifications that the National Student Clearinghouse has provided monthly to my loan holders (lenders and guarantors).
  • View your Proof of Enrollment: View the proofs of enrollment that the National Student Clearinghouse has provided to my health insurers and other providers of student services or products.

Use the Verification Request if:

  • The organization requesting verification will not accept National Student Clearinghouse verification. You will be required to upload a copy of the denial documentation.
  • You need a document for a third party signed by the Office of the Registrar or on letterhead.
  • Do not submit a loan deferment form. If submitted, it will not be processed. WSU reports enrollment information for loan holders to the National Student Clearinghouse on a monthly basis.

At your request, we can also prepare a letter, signed by the Campus Registrar, that can be used to verify various aspects of a student's academic work at WSU. Please print the Official Statement Request form (PDF) from your browser, fill it out, and mail or fax it to us. You may also bring the completed form to the Cougar Center in the Student Services Center building.

Degree and enrollment verification (for businesses)

For employers and background check firms, please use this link to verify degrees and enrollment of current and former students. Washington State University has designated the National Student Clearinghouse as its agent for confirming degrees and attendance to outside companies. You may also call the Clearinghouse at 703-742-7791.

Degree & Enrollment Verification