This committee shall have initial responsibility for budget levels allocated to operating, facilities and overall reserves. This committee shall recommend its own budget allocations to the Chancellor for transmittal to the President.
Composition and tenure
The Chancellor shall appoint the Vancouver Campus S and A Fee Allocation Committee as follows:
- Five undergraduate students with one-year terms (recommended by ASWSUV).
- One graduate student with a one-year term (recommended by ASWSUV).
- One faculty member with a two-year term (recommended by faculty organization).
- The Vice Chancellor for Finance and Operations or designee; and Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs or designee.
- The chair of the committee shall be elected from the student members.
- Each member shall have one vote.
- A quorum shall consist of five members, a majority of whom shall be students.
The Vice Chancellor of Finance and Operations is authorized to approve budget variances of the greater of $200 or 10%, provided the variance remains within the original intent of the request. For amounts over this, the Vice Chancellor of Finance and Operations and the President of ASWSUV shall review and authorize amounts of up to $2,000 or 10% of the requesting amount, whichever is greater, as long as the budget variance is within the original intent of the request.