Knowing what to expect with WSU Vancouver counseling services can make going through the process a little easier.
Before your session
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor by emailing email@example.com, calling 360-546-9238, or stopping by Classroom Building 160.
- Complete paperwork via a virtual link provided by our center or in-person.
- Meet your counselor and familiarize yourself with the Student Wellness Center.
- Review your background, history and symptoms.
- Discuss what brought you to counseling and clarify your mental health and wellness goals.
- Determine whether individual counseling, a community-based referral or on-campus resources would be right for you.
- Meet with your counselor for 45-50 minute sessions in a supportive and confidential manner.
- Explore and process emotional distress.
- Identify areas for personal growth.
- Work on objectives to reach mental health and wellness goals.