Do I need to file a petition?
- Petition flow chart for undergraduate and professional students
- Questions and answers about petitions
- General petitions guidelines—for students
I'm ready to file a petition
- Undergraduate petition form (login with Network ID)
- Graduate petition form (PDF)
- Instructor feedback form (login with Network ID)
How to gather information from your instructor and/or advisor
The instructor feedback form is a critical part of the petition process. It should be attained prior to submitting the academic petition application and attached as a supporting document with your petition. Petitions requiring the instructor feedback form include:
- auditing a course
- change a letter grade to P/F
How to successfully obtain the instructor feedback form
- Send the link to this web page (https://studentaffairs.vancouver.wsu.edu/registrars-office/academic-petitions) to your instructor from your WSU email address.
- Ask your instructor to fill out the feedback form for the course in question.
The form is password protected, therefore, the instructor will be required to log in with their WSU Network ID and password. Once the instructor has filled out and submitted the form, it will be sent to your WSU email address as a PDF document. This is the document that you will need to attach with your petition as a support.
For any petition related questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.