One-on-one tutoring is available for many of the historically more challenging first and second year courses.
Tutoring Services offers academic support and assistance to students who could benefit from individual tutoring. Tutors assist students in understanding and learning course concepts and subjects, and guide students toward becoming independent learners.
There is a fee for these hour-long sessions, but many students are eligible for scholarships that can waive or reduce the cost of tutoring.
Zoom-based tutoring in many subjects is also offered by the WSU Pullman Academic Success and Career Center.
Tutoring is offered for a range of mainly lower division courses. Courses listed are subject to change based on tutor availability.
- MATH 103, 106, 140, 171, 172, 201, 202
- STAT 212
- PHYS 101, 102, 201, 202
- SPAN 101, 102
- CHEM 105, 106, 345
Eligibility and cost
Tutoring Services is available to currently enrolled WSU Vancouver students.
The cost is $14 per 60-minute session on the Vancouver campus. Some students may qualify for a tutoring scholarship based on financial aid data.
Request a tutor
Follow these steps to request and meet your tutor:
- Fill out and submit the Tutor Request Form below (one form per course).
- Upon receipt, the SRC will check tutor availability for the course requested.
- If a potential tutor is identified, SRC will contact the tutee.
- Tutor and the tutee arrange a time and study place on WSU Vancouver campus convenient to both of them.
- Repeat Step 4 if the tutor and tutee decide to meet again after their initial session.
We are not offering 1-on-1 tutoring at this time.
Check out eTutoring
Another option to consider is eTutoring, a free online professional tutoring service. All WSU students have access.