$11,000 per year
With the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE), an out-of-state student may receive an $11,000 award, renewable for up to an additional three years. Qualified students receive the award automatically and are notified upon their offer of admission to WSU Vancouver. No additional action or forms are required for consideration.
Awarded to admitted freshmen with a minimum 3.0 unweighted high school grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale.
Awarded to admitted transfer students with 27+ transferable semester credit hours with an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
If you don’t have 27 transferable semester credits, you must have a minimum unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and a cumulative minimum unweighted transfer GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Additional eligibility requirements
To receive the award, you must also:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Be a resident outside the state of Washington and charged nonresident tuition
- Enroll at WSU Vancouver as a freshman or transfer student for fall or spring
This scholarship cannot be combined with other academic waiver awards and cannot be combined with other waiver programs over the cost of tuition and fees.
- Remain in good academic standing according to WSU policies
- Maintain 12 credits each semester at WSU Vancouver
- Complete 24 graded semester credits by the end of each spring semester
- Maintain nonresident status and maintain undergraduate, non-professional degree status
- Continue enrollment at WSU Vancouver
Renewable for up to an additional three years (or a maximum of eight total semesters) or until attainment of first Bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first.
Eligibility requirements and award amounts are subject to change. Review terms and conditions.