WSU Vancouver offers a small-school feel with big-school resources, a reverse commute and now, reduced tuition equal to in-state rates for residents of Oregon's Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington counties.
As a land-grant university with access as part of its mission, WSU Vancouver is committed to making more options available to more students.
How to save more than $15,000 a year—
- Apply for admission as an undergraduate degree-seeking student**
- For spring by Nov. 15
- For fall by March 31 (first-year students) or July 15 (transfer and second bachelor's students)
- First-year admitted students: confirm enrollment by May 1
- Meet WSU Vancouver’s admissions requirements
- After admission, verify you have resided in Oregon’s Clackamas, Multnomah or Washington county at least 90 days prior to the start of the semester by submitting the PDX Tuition Advantage Verification Form and supporting documentation at least three weeks prior to the start of the semester. *
- Enroll in nine or more credits**
What you’ll get—
- A high-quality WSU Vancouver education
- An employer-valued WSU degree
- A university where instructors know you by name, and you know you matter
- Access to degrees not readily available in the Portland metropolitan area
WSU Vancouver is just 20 minutes north of the Columbia River via I-5 or I-205. Some classes are offered partially online, reducing your trips to campus.
Notification and responsibilities
- After submitting the PDX Tuition Advantage Verification Form, you will be contacted if more information is required.
- You will be notified by email if you qualify for the PDX Tuition Advantage. If you are eligible, your student account will be adjusted accordingly.
- You are responsible for all other fees including late registration fees, late payment charges, special course fees, etc. Call the Cougar Center at 360-546-9559 if you have any questions about your student account. Check your student account regularly on myWSU to make sure the information is accurate! Go to my.wsu.edu and click on “Finances” to view your account.
Exclusions and restrictions
- The PDX Tuition Advantage does not apply to summer tuition.
- The PDX Tuition Advantage does not cover courses offered through other WSU campuses.
- The PDX Tuition Advantage does not apply to study abroad.
- International students are not eligible for this benefit.
- Graduate students are not eligible for this benefit.**
- This award cannot be combined with Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE).
*Residents of other Oregon counties may be eligible for Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE).
**Graduate student or enrolling in fewer than nine credits? Check out the Border Bill for in-state tuition opportunities.